Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Caviar manicure

Due to personal request I decided to do a caviar manicure. This is a textured finish. There are several pricey kits out there to achieve this look but to give myself more versatility I chose another method to achieve this look! I purchased the Martha Stewart micro beads kit at Michaels and used polish I already owned. Last time I did this I mixed the beads to have a multidimensional color pattern. This time I just did a gold metallic bead to keep it simple. The following are pictures of the steps I followed this time. 

I tested 2 techniques to apply the micro beads.   First I sprinkled the beads on the wet polish and pressed them in to ensure they stuck. This   seemed to be the better method. The second way I attempted was dipping my finger with wet polish into a pile of beads on a paper. This caused them to clump together instead of sticking to the nail. So I would recommend sprinkling them on for the best results. 

Enjoy!

PS. Please comment if you have any questions

1 comment: